OPEN CALL Un-hidden Bucharest
ARTISTIC INTERVENTION // URBAN SIGNAL w / Paul Dunca @ CNDB, Omnia Hall
Save or Cancel invites you to colour the public space in front of Omnia Hall, Bucharest.
Un-hidden Bucharest is an urban regeneration project imagined as a series of 3 public signals aimed at humanising the city and promoting its exploration through art in an alternative cultural route that recommends the most remarkable artistic interventions in the public space.
The three urban signals are produced in collaboration with the project partners - CNDB, Cinema Marconi, Lente, activating, through art, the public spaces they share with locals and tourists.
The tour will be available as a performance with participants, web & print.
- to enhance the sense of belonging and identity through the (re) discovery of the city with the help of art;
- in Bucharest there are cultural brownfields - areas with buildings out of use; they decrease the quality of public space and inherently of life;
- art has the ability to humanise public space, enhancing dialogue and co-participation;
- there is already an interesting series of cultural initiatives and independent artistic interventions that enhance the quality of public space in Bucharest.
The open call produces a public intervention and identifies areas of interest to the participants.
Let yourself be inspired by the hidden, obscure past of this area, or envision the future, as this building and area will enter the contemporary cultural circuit as a contemporary dance venue.
The artistic intervention can be temporary or permanent, separated from the building, assembled, painted, written or performed.
Send the following materials to email@example.com:
- Short author biography or team description
- Link to the portfolio
- The proposal - an artistic intervention for the public space in front of Omnia Hall, Strada Cristian Popişteanu 1, Bucharest 030167
- A list of necessary materials and costs
- A list of 5 public spaces that you would like us to include in new open calls in the future.
For files larger than 6mb, use wetransfer, dropbox or google drive.
You can participate with one proposal at this open call.
The selection of the winners will be made by the public alongside the jury composed of Save or Cancel team and representatives of the National Dance Center Bucharest team.
Download the terms and conditions of the open call.
Calendar OPEN CALL
Mo 17 July // Start!
Sun 30 July 23:59 // Deadline
Mo 31 July - Mo 7 August // Online poll and judging
Tue 8 August // Announce Open Call winners // start sign up for the guided tour
Thu 24 August - Sat 26 August // Production of urban signal / artistic intervention
Sat 26 August // Performance Paul Dunca & Urban signal opening // first edition of the alternative cultural tour guide
- 1,104 lei net, ie 1,200 lei gross;
- Necessary materials for urban signal production, worth 1,200 lei;
- 4 entries to CNDB shows of choice;
- Promotion within the Un-hidden Bucharest project
About Save or Cancel
Since 2008, Save or Cancel is a medium of communication and propagation of the arts and culture, promoting and facilitating their role in contemporary society.
The self-initiated multidisciplinary programs of Save or Cancel aim to identify sustainable and adaptable opportunities for (re) valorisation of the existence through architectural, cultural and editorial projects.
Un-hidden Bucharest is a cultural project produced by Save or Cancel via feeder.ro, co-funded by AFCN.
Partners: CNDB, Lente, Cinema Marconi.
Pictures with Omnia Hall here.
Text: Cristina Popa, Andrei Racoviţan
Graphics: Ana Dămoc